SCA Course - Brewing Foundation
Brewing - Foundation:
This training provides an introduction to coffee brewing methods other than the espresso machine.
Participants learn how to use devices such as the V60 dripper and Aeropress, learn the basic parameters that affect the quality of brewed coffee, and the ingredients of a coffee recipe.
The training also includes an introduction to coffee sensorics.
Participants will learn how to evaluate the correctness of brewed coffee, and learn basic categories and sensory attributes useful for describing coffee.
- Coffee species, botanical varieties, and processing methods,
- Coffee cultivation in the world,
- Factors affecting the taste and quality of brewed coffee: weight, grind level,
water temperature, brewing time,
- Introduction to the concepts of %extraction and %TDS (degree of brewing and strength of coffee infusion),
- Coffee freshness,
- Exercises in coffee preparation using drip V60 and Aeropress equipment,
- Introduction to coffee sensorics: describing the taste and aroma of the brew,
- evaluating the correctness of the brewed coffee.
Requirements for participants: experience not required
The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive results on the
exams allows one to receive the SCA certificate.
Number of participants: 3 - 6 people
Course duration: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is provided during the course)
Course price without SCA certificate: 400 € per person
Price for the "online" exam plus SCA certificate: 100€ per person
SCA Leaner Number required to take the Online Exam - contact us via email@example.com if you have any questions about that.